3M Aura Respirator N95 Mask - Box of 20
The 3M Aura N95 Respirator Mask have been designed to help provide respiratory protection for the wearer against certain airborne particles. It meets CDC guidelines for Mycobacterium tuberculosis exposure control.
As a disposable particulate respirator, it is intended to reduce wearer exposure to certain airborne particles including those generated by electrocautery, laser surgery, and other powered medical instruments. As a surgical mask, it is designed to be fluid resistant to splash and spatter of blood and other infectious materials.
A personal protective equipment (PPE) that is primarily intended to protect the health care workers by reducing exposure to harmful airborne particles which are small enough to be inhaled – typically particles less than 100 microns in size. These include airborne particles that may contain biological material e.g. Bacillus anthracis, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, mould and the virus that causes Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), and Influenza.
Sold as a Box with 20 Masks for cost effectiveness.
Proper selection, training and use are essential in order for the respirator to adequately protect the wearer from certain airborne contaminants.
- NIOSH certified N95
- Meets CDC guidelines for Mycobacterium tuberculosis exposure control
- FDA cleared for use as a surgical mask
- Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) > 99% according to ASTM F2101
- Fluid resistant according to ASTM F1862 at 160 mm Hg
- Respirator contains no components made from natural rubber latex
- Red coloured head straps for health care use
- Mould nose clip to wearer’s nose shape to help reduce eyewear fogging and ensure a better seal and fit
Please note there is a requirement for clinical staff and oral health practitioners to receive training in fit checking and undergo fit testing before use of an N95 or P2 or equivalent. Fit testing is unique to each individual and one specific mask may not be suitable across all staff. Some factors which influence fit pass rates are age; weight; face length and width; lip length; nose length; and bridge width.
This Competent RPE Fit Tester Register can be accessed here.